2. Cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars together in a large bowl using an electric beater.
3. Beat in the egg until just incorporated.
4. Sift in the flour, baking powder, soda and protein powder. Fold together the wet and dry ingredients until smooth.
5. Divide the dough into 16 - 18 balls.
6. Place on baking trays lined with baking paper at least 2 inches apart.
7. Press the balls down a little to form a thick disc; they should be still about 1 inch thick, they will spread when baking.
8. Bake for 11 -12 minutes until puffed up and lightly browned around the edges. Allow to cool on the tray for at least 15 minutes. They will firm up as they cook, deflate a little, and take on a more crackled appearance.
9. Store in an airtight container for up to three days; if you want an even chewier cookie store in the fridge. You can also freeze them for up to one month. I suggest layering them in a tub with parchment paper between the cookies before freezing so that they can be easily removed individually.
Chocolate Protein Macaroons Chocolate Protein Macaroons Chewy, super coconutty, hella chocolatey, protein boosted, no bake macaroons. Quite the mouthful! The protein is integral to the final consistency of these delicious...